- Club News
- Photo Gallery
- About Us
This class is open to:
- ASC club members who are 18 years or older
- Students who already own or have access to a pistol they can legally use during the class; and must be familiar with safe handling and operation of their pistol
This class will introduce current pistol owners to the basics of accurate pistol shooting, and teach you how to become more accurate at pistol target shooting by covering topics such as:
- Sight alignment
- Breath control
- Trigger pull
- Follow through
Instructors will also be available to discuss the ASC pistol team and competitive shooting leagues for those who might be interested. The lead instructor will be Mike Patane, captain of the ASC's Bullseye pistol team (the Kodiaks) and president of the Merrimack Valley Pistol League.
To view available dates and register for this class, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pistol-accuracy-class-members-only-registra....
We’ll begin with each student shooting a target. Then, we’ll discuss the topics highlighted above. Then, we will return to the range for a hands-on practice session. At the end of the class, you’ll have an opportunity to compare your more recent targets to your first target in order to gauge your improvement.
Students will be expected to bring the following with them to the class:
- Legally owned Pistol (must be chambered in a caliber acceptable for use in the indoor range)
- Ammunition for your pistol (at least 100 rounds. No magnums!)
- Eye protection
- Ear Protection
- FID or LTC card
- Limited to 8 students (first come first serve)
- Class duration: 90 mins
- Targets will be provided by the club
- Safety will be stressed at the start of the class
- Any students observed in violation of pistol safety best practices will be asked to leave the class
- During the web signup process students will agree to liability waiver language. Each student will sign a printed copy of the liability waiver on the day of the class, and must show an FID or LTC card to the instructor.